Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Isn't It Good

I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving. Psalm 69:30


Lizzie and I went to the library today in Collins and checked out several books. In the car, we listened to a new CD I ordered of a group we heard at Disney World. They are an a ccapella men's group, Four For a Dollar, who opened for Beauty and the Beast. I thought they were the very best part of the show. We heard another great group there, too, the Voices of Liberty. They are an excellent a ccapella group of 12 men and women who sing American folk music and patriotic songs. During the performance, one of the singers singled Lizzie out of the crowd and serenaded her with Skip to My Lou, then later in the performance, another singer sang O Susanna to me. I was fine with it until it seemed like he might want me to dance with him, which is not something I do very well.

Anyway, Lizzie's favorite song on the CD is Inside Out and mine is Isn't It Good. Hannah wasn't with us, so we just played our two songs over and over again, and now I can't get them out of my head. Here's mine: http://www.singers.com/~singers/contemp/returntozero.html. Oh, well. I thought I could post a link to the audio clip, but it didn't work out. I need to make a note to figure out how to do that.

Today's IQ test was really different. The items were just not even close to most IQ test items I've seen. My score was okay, but not great. The problem with the timed tests is that I have the ringing phone and the questioning children to contend with while I'm working. Response time is figured into your score.

No comments: